Mini-Major Pharmacy Stick Curling League
|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
This unique league is designed for curlers of all ages who choose to deliver rocks with a 'stick' rather than the traditional sliding delivery. Two curlers make up one team. There is no sweeping between the hog lines, eliminating balance problems. Each end features one curler skipping (calling the shots and holding the broom at one end of the sheet), and his or her partner delivering the rock from the other end. Next end, reverse duties. Six rocks per end, six ends per game! It's a lot of fun and it will increase your knowledge and experience in 'calling the shots' because you are a skip for half the game.
In the draw starting January 4th through February 15th we will have both an A and a B draw. Curlers can enter a team in the A draw, or the B draw, or both if they so wish. The A draw will run at 1:00 to 2:00 pm on Fridays, and the B draw will start on the same day, from 2:30 to 3:30 pm.
Rules for this league will be:
1. Curlers must use a delivery stick
2. No sweeping between the hog lines
3. After the bell rings (at the 45 minute mark) teams will finish that end, plus 1 more end)
4. The four rock rule is in effect. No rock in the free guard zone can be removed from play until after the third rock in an end is played. Should that happen, the delivered rock is removed from play and the hit rock shall be replaced in its original position.
5. Curlers remain at their end of the ice for the entire game (6 ends)
6. One brief time-out may be called by either team, where teammates may meet at center ice to discuss shots, strategies, lunch plans, or whatever.
7. Tie games will be decided by an extra end. After the first 3 rocks in the extra end, players change roles for the last 3 shots. If there is no scoring in the extra end, the game shall be deemed a tie game.
8. Team scoring for each draw will be 6 points for a win, 3 points for a tie and 1 point for each end won in the game.
Contact Bill Whitlock if you have any questions. My phone number is 705-429-2335, and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org