Friday Mini-Major Pharmacy Stick Curling League
|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
This 2-Person Curling game features teams of 2 curlers, and is designed for curlers of all ages. There is no sweeping between the hog lines, eliminating balance or mobility problems. Each end features one curler skipping (calling the shots and holding the broom at one end of the sheet), and his or her partner delivering the rock from the other end. Next end, reverse duties. Six rocks per end, six ends per game! It's a lot of fun and it will increase your knowledge and experience in calling the shots' because you are a skip for half the game. Join as a team, or we will find you a partner.
We will have 2 Draws starting at 12:30 and 1:45 pm Friday afternoons. Each game takes an hour to play, and we have a few wrinkles this year that I think will make the 2-person game even more interesting to play. Draw 'A' is for stick curlers only, but Draw 'B' can have teams made up of 'stickers', 'sliders', or a mix of both. It's up to you!
Rules for the 2-person game (both draws 'A' and 'B'.
1. No sweeping between the hog lines
2. The three rock rule is in effect. No rock can be removed from play until after the third rock is played.
3. New for this year! Any team needing a spare may use a "slider" to fill in . All other rules of the 2-person game remain the same.
4. Curlers remain at their end of the ice for the entire game (6 ends)
5. One brief time-out may be called by either team, where teammates may meet at center ice to discuss shots, strategies, lunch plans, or whatever.
6. Tie games will be decided by an extra end. After the first 3 rocks in the extra end, players change roles for the last 3 shots. If neither team scores the game ends with a tie.
7. Team scoring for each draw will be 6 points for a win, 3 points for a tie.
Contact Bill Whitlock if you have any questions. My phone number is 705-429-2335, and my email is email@example.com